Monday, April 18, 2011

Lesson: Optimisim & Charity

I know I am a week late.  But here were our Lessons in Relief Society.

On April 10th, Sister Michaela LeBaron taught our lesson.  She focused on serveral talks from Conference.  We talked about sorrow in our trials.  We also talked about Faith and Trust in our Heavenly Father and in Jesus Christ.  Through Faith and Trust, our path is made brighter despite the obstacles.  Sis. LeBaron also talked about being positive.  Yes, sorrow is in our trials is real, and we will not feel happy all the time.  However, faith draws us nearer to our Father in Heaven and through Prayer, his will can be made known unto us.  We can feel peace, comfort and direction.  How grateful I am for prayer, the scriptures, and our Savior Jesus Christ who truly understands us and what we are going through.

On April 17th, Sis. Page taught our Lesson on Charity.  It was out of the Gospel Principles Manual, Chapter 30 pages 173-178.  We talked about what Charity really is.  In class a sister commented on how it is the simple statement, "I love you."  That it's not a brotherly kindness love, or romantic love but a Love the envelopes all.  It is not a "I love you Because..." it's just an "I love you."  Sis. Page talked about her personal goals of befriending all of the sisters in Relief Society, that Charity can flourish within each of us.  We talked about ways to increase charity within ourselves and with each other.  Some things were suggested such as keeping our covenants, praying for others and then acting on promptings, inviting others over, sitting next to different people at church to get to know each other better.  There were MANY MANY suggestions, though I can not remember them all.  Sis. Page encouraged us to pick something and work on it to help increase charity and to pray for guidance on how to do it.

How grateful I am for the gospel in my life.  How grateful I am for teachers and leaders who prayerfully study and prepare lessons.   I know that through the spirit, we are all taught and blessed.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  I am excited for this Easter season.  I want to thank Sis. Albretson and all those who participated in the Easter Program on Sunday.  It was truly a special program, and I know testimonies were strengthen.  I know that God hears and answers prayers.  I know that the scriptures are the word of God and by reading them we can feel that much closer to our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment